Denmead Parish Council
The next development proposal to affect much of our local area is likely to be an infrastructure project led by AQUIND limited.
AQUIND delivered a presentation at Denmead Parish Council's Planning Committee meeting on Wednesday 6th March 2019 in Ashling Pavilion. CLICK HERE for more information. Councillors and residents were also given the opportunity to ask questions and express their concerns. To read the Minutes taken from the Planning Committee meeting, CLICK HERE.
To view AQUIND's responses to Denmead Parish Councillors' list of questions, CLICK HERE.
To view AQUIND's additional and amended responses to Denmead Parish Councillors' list of questions, CLICK HERE.
The concept, according to AQUIND, is that by connecting the French and UK grids, both countries can balance supply and demand by reducing the risk of loss of power. It is estimated the Interconnector could become operational by 2022.
If residents have received correspondence directly from AQUIND, such as the Land Interest Questionnaire, or if they have any concerns in relation to this 'Nationally Significant Infrastructure Project' (NSIP) affecting Denmead, they have been advised by AQUIND to contact them directly. WSP's Land Referencing Team can be contacted via tel: 020 3116 9389 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or accessing information on their website at https://aquindconsultation.co.uk/
A document produced by AQUIND called the Non-Technical Summary, provides information which includes the potential environmental impacts from the installation of the interconnector. Click on this link
The Safer Neighbourhoods Panel held its second meeting of this year on Thursday 17th October 2019.
Members of the public were given the opportunity to raise any questions and comments to the Safer Neighbourhoods Panel Representatives, including Denmead's Neighbourhood Sergeant, who provides a visible policing presence and support in Denmead.
To read minutes of the meeting, CLICK HERE
Hampshire Constabulary has received a report of a burglary on Church Lane, Shedfield overnight on the 15th - 16th November 2019. The purpose of this alert is not to frighten you but to raise your awareness and ask you to be extra vigilant. There are certain measures you can take to reduce the likelihood of becoming a victim yourself,such as:
• Don’t leave curtains/blinds open, and don’t leave valuables on show. • If you are going away, ask a neighbour or friend to check your house regularly. • Buy timer switches for lamps and radios to give the impression that someone is home. • Install an alarm system and ensure the alarm box is clearly visible. • Don’t leave keys in doors – remove them and keep them close at hand but out of sight where you can easily find them in an emergency. • Don’t leave your house unattended with windows open and unlocked – even for just a minute. • If you are in the garden or upstairs, make sure your downstairs doors and windows are closed. • Never leave a key under a doormat or on a string through the letterbox.
Please report suspicious activity to the police on 101 or anonymously via the Crimestoppers charity on 0800 555 111. Alternatively you can report crime on-line via www.hampshire.police.uk
Carpenter's Field Development
- Archaeological work was conducted at the front of the site but nothing significant had been found.
- Work has commenced in relation to the preparation of foundations for the first plots. For all deliveries, contractors have been instructed to use the B2150 route towards Hambledon Road and any deliveries arriving on site will be stored on the Anmore Road Car park.
- Highways works have commenced and traffic calming measures will be implemented but further information will be provided in due course.
- On Friday 5th July, 150 children from Denmead Primary School attended a site visit, together with members from Denmead Parish Council.
It is predicted that the first occupation is anticipated in November / December with the whole build estimated to be finishing by 2021.
Denmead Parish Council will be informed by the Developer of any possible temporary road disruption. We will endeavour to keep our residents informed accordingly.